Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trombone Shorty!!

Today was fun. I got to run the register at the front of the store and greet all the customers coming to visit. While I was at the front desk, I set up a Facebook group to promote the book Room In The Bowl that SoFAB and the IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals) put together. It was really funny because I sent a message to this lady who had started an IACP group, and she actually called the museum to talk to me. We had an interesting conversation, and apparently she could tell I was from California. She gave me a few good tips about looking at some other sources to get the word out about the book.

And I also found an 1884 New Orleans World's Fair on eBay for $52,000, which is so much money. We're putting up an exhibition for the 1884 and 1984 fairs that were held in New Orleans, so I'm trying to find posters from either event.

Later on I started compiling an electronic copy of the members/donors of the museum, so we can send out invitations to the gala. I then left to meet everyone else so we could head over to Lafayette Square for Wednesday at the Square for Trombone Shorty. The music was awesome, and there was a large crowd there. Most people looked like they had just come from work, so it was an interesting mix. The Yale kids were also there, so we said hi. After enjoying the music, we walked down St. Charles and onto Canal where we grabbed dinner at Arby's. We waited for the streetcar for awhile but finally made it back. It was definitely a lot of fun being able to go to work, go to a cool event, grab dinner, and ride the streetcar back. And I got to use my streetcar pass that I got this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment