Last night was a lot of fun (except for the waiting for the streetcar for half an hour part). We headed back to the French Quarter to Cafe du Monde for beignets (I still cannot pronounce that word correctly). They were amazing! I think they were freshly made because they were really hot. And the mounds of powdered sugar. I was warned not to inhale when close to all the sugar. But the combination of beignets and the sugar was delicious. Neither one was too sweet, so it wasn't overwhelming to be consuming that much sugar. The insides were nice and moist and fluffy. And they didn't feel too greasy or anything like that. Just a light, tasty, sweet snack.

After eating we walked over to Frenchmen St. where there are a bunch of jazz clubs. Unfortunately by the time we got there it was quite late, so there weren't that many venues. We did go into Snug Harbor, and I really enjoyed the set the band was finishing. The next set they started was interesting...kind of New Age. I don't quite know how to describe it, but I wasn't that big of a fan. We're going to come back next Friday or whenever there's someone good playing. We left and started moseying our way back to the St. Charles streetcar. Let me tell you, there are some very interesting people on the streetcar at 2 AM.
No comments:
Post a Comment