
Nothing much happened on Monday, either. We made red beans and rice as per tradition. The boys' pot had a lot of sausage, so it tasted good.
Tuesday was pizza day, and I'm not sure if we baked the dough enough because it was rather chewy. Nevertheless, the pizzas still tasted good.
Around 9 o'clock, me, Graham, and the two Andrews headed out to Maple Leaf Bar on Oak St. right off Carrollton. It's a really small place. The moment you step in, the bar takes up the entire left side, and the separated right side has a tiny stage and benches next to the walls. There's a back patio with blue lights and a lot of bugs (at least I think there were since my ankles were itchy when we came back in). We were there to see/listen to Rebirth Brass Band.
The sound they produced was insane. The music was totally in your face, loud, sassy, and upbeat. I don't know how many people they have in the band, but it was at least eight guys. They had two trumpets, two trombones, a saxophone, drums, and a french horn. It was definitely a bunch of intense music. The sound, though, really blows you away. I loved the scene, and it was a lot of fun hanging out with the guys and enjoying some great music. I'll have to admit that the cover was pricey! $12!

No comments:
Post a Comment