Saturday, July 25, 2009

Last Day of Work and House of Blues

Friday was the last day of work. I helped out with the kid's camp, and the kids brought in a lot of desserts. We had chocolate cupcakes, brownies, chocolate cheesecake, banana bread, and chocolate chip cookies along with breakfast burritos and turkey grilled sandwiches. The rest of the day I just looked up some membership card info for Liz and chilled.

After work I walked with Ashley (the other intern from Yale) to the Praline Connection Restaurant on Frenchmen. We had a variety of foods there, including catfish, okra, pickles, and chicken liver, which were all fried. They also had alligator sausage, which was really good. I didn't try the chicken wings which were supposedly extremely spicy. They had gumbo (which was really dark in color and had sausage and chicken wings in it) and extremely rich, creamy pralines.

We went to the House of Blues to hear Andrew Duhon and Jessica Lea Mayfield after the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment