
Meghan's 21st birthday was Sunday, so we went out to Republic New Orleans on Saturday night to kick off the celebration. I didn't realize I pass Republic on my way to work every day. But it was a really cool venue with two stories, couches, and chandeliers. The DJ was good and played a lot of different songs, so it was a good mix.
After Republic we headed over to F & M's for cheese fries! They were really good. The best way I could describe it would be to say that it was like eating Chick-fil-a waffle fries with thick melted cheddar cheese and green onions. Mmmm so delicious and horrible for your arteries.
In the morning Amy baked the cake, and we hid it in one of the drawers in the boys' kitchen until we "surprised" Meghan with the cake. It was nice and moist chocolate cake with chocolate funfetti frosting.

For dinner we went to Zea's Rotisserie and Grill again. It is always an awesome choice to come here to eat. This time I got the half rack of ribs Thai style with sauteed corn and Zea potatoes. The whole plate was delicious. The ribs were juicy and full of flavor with a tiny bit of a spicy kick. Meghan got free sweet potato bread pudding, so we all got a few bites of it. It definitely reminded me of carrot cake, but it was still good.

No comments:
Post a Comment